b

Friday, February 25, 2005

February 23

I make regular visits to the hospital in Vitina and the clinics in the area. This day was the nicest we have had yet. The snow melted, the sun came out and it warmed up nicely. The good weather combined with the market day in Pozaranje made for some crowded streets.


Two characteristics of homes and businesses are that they never seem to be finished buildings and they have grand stairs without hand rails for entrances.


The roads and streets are filled with every form of transportation - large trucks and expensive luxury cars down to lawnmower engine powered contraptions (affectionately known by KFOR as Kosovo Harleys) and horsedrawn wagons.


This is "Big Duke", the view from Camp Bondsteel. I imagine I'll spend many months trying to get the perfect picture.

1 Comments:

At 6/03/2007 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My good man I know many of the places in kosovo you went to. I spent time in 2000 there. I was in the Infantry and when I went it was still a little touch and go with violence. Nice pictures of everything

 

Post a Comment

<< Home