b

Monday, March 20, 2006

Home

I should have posted this long ago: I'm home.

As evidenced by my lack of posting, the remainder of my time in Kosovo went quickly and came to a close January 27th. After two weeks of demobilization activities at Fort Lewis we returned to Topeka for a brief welcome home ceremony and were turned loose to our families.

KFOR 7 is well into their tour and doing good things. I'm sure my replacement is overworked, but doing a great job - he already exceeded KFOR 6B's record for MEDCAP attendance.

For those interested in current events with Task Force Falcon, MNB-E, KFOR, and Kosovo go to http://www.tffalcon.hqusareur.army.mil/index.html to read the Guardian Magazine, view the Guardian Video and browse the Photo Gallery.

I don't have any plans to continue this blog and don't know how long Blogger.com will keep it around without activity. (At least 6 months based on my previous lack of activity.)

7 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Jim!!!

- Ben

 
At 5/11/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger Z-man said...

Just ignore there haters. You have done well.

 
At 6/26/2006 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you post some pictures of CHARLIE COMPANY, 3d platoon.

I would like to see some.

 
At 9/17/2007 11:35 PM, Blogger I Am... said...

Jim,

FYI for you and anyone else you know from KFOR6B:

http://prometheusavv.blogspot.com/2007/09/kfor-6b-year-of-peacemakers.html

Spread the word if you can,

Thanks

 
At 4/20/2008 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your service. God Bless.

 
At 4/20/2008 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Thanks

 
At 5/22/2008 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I want to thank you for your military service!!! You are a great American!!!

I am a new soldier in the Army National Guard (Airborne 11 Bravo Hoo Ahh!!!) and am gearing up for my first deployment to Iraq at the end of this summer with the Washington National Guard. I have recently had a book published called “Homeless Across America.” It is my story of a trip I took last summer before going to boot camp at Fort Benning Georgia. I had actually lost my house as a result of a nasty divorce and I decided that with the time I had before leaving for my training I would drive a loop around the country and see what it was I, and you were fighting for. I can attest that after finishing my journey I was even more confident that I had made the right choice to join your ranks and as Toby says beside my brothers and my sisters proudly make a stand!!! If you feel so inclined please check out my blog at http://homelessacrossamerica.blogspot.com/ Again, thank you for your service and thank you for going before me. May God bless you and God Bless America!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home